Thursday, November 30, 2006

a good year

on the eve of the last month of 2006, i realized that this has been one of the best years of my life, if not the best. i feel more present than i ever have. i know that sounds very new agey and ridiculous, but what i mean is that i have a clarity of reflection i don't recall from years gone by - i remember each month distinctly and somehow feel more whole as a result. i'm going to consult my planner to help with this little exercise, but it's just a gentle reminder of the months gone by, rather than a play-by-play of my daily life.
JANUARY: in and out with a bang, polar opposites. new year's morning i woke up surrounded by friends like a pile of puppies, cozy in my sister's adorable downtown studio. my head was pleasantly fuzzy with the excess of the night before, smooches and bourbon and fireworks casting a glow around me that insulated me against the grey day outside. i woke up earlier than anyone else and walked the half a block to the water, perched on a bench, and thought about the year to come. i was pumped - happy job, happy family, happy friends. my peace was shattered at the end of the month, however, when i had the most horrific breakup i've ever had. ever.

i'm still not sure what i want to say about that so i'm going to leave it there for a minute, but i'll be back with february, hopefully tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a good idea. i can't wait to read about your 2006 in paragraphs.