stole this from the blog of a friend of friends...
1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before? well, it's always something new at work, i definitely took on a ton of responsibilities and challenges there that were incredibly rewarding. personally, i started a blog and actually told people it exists! oh and got my tattoo, of course.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? unbelievably, i kept almost all of them. i ran not one but 2 5Ks, and running is truly a lifestyle now. i drink tons of water. i eat much more healthfully. i saved a pile of money. the only two i didn't keep were meeting with a financial planner, but i did buy (and read!) a suze orman book, and visiting maine, nashville, and philly - i went 1 for 3 on those.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? three of my best friends' sisters each had little ones, and i eagerly await the babies due in february and april to two special friends!
4. Did anyone close to you die? yes.
5. What countries did you visit?did i leave the country this year? yikes, nope. but i do have the BVI trip to look forward to in a few months.
6. What would you like to have had in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? my own home. fingers crossed for '07.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? august 26th. a lovely wedding, and an incredible sunrise.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? i was going to say my running, but actually, NOT running is my biggest achievement... letting someone in is something i haven't done in ages, and it feels good.
9. What was your biggest failure? ocean city.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? nothing out of the ordinary, thank goodness.
11. What were the best things you bought? tons of plane tickets.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? my grandmother's. she broke her hip and has been so incredible throughout her remarkable recovery.
13. Whose behavior appalled you? my own, on occasion. but that's getting better.
14. Where did most of your money go? food and drink and travel.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? psmee's move! and i'm so excited to go to the peach bowl! and my kitten!
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? crazy by gnarls barkley - truly the song of the year. my ringtone, my philadelphia gift trip, my friend, and "who do you think you are? you really think you're in control?"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? much, MUCH happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? leaner.
iii. richer or poorer? richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? spending time with friends.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? working. i love it but i'm going to burn out if i don't take more time off.
20. How did you spend Christmas? at work, followed by "christmas morning" at home in annapolis with my family.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006? no. but falling in like sure feels good.
23. How many one-night stands? none.
24. What was your favorite TV program? grey's anatomy. rob&big.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? no. but i definitely lost a friend in the last year.
26. What was the best book you read? the year of magical thinking by joan didion.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? i'm starting to think it might be classic country.
28. What did you want and get? a pet! my lovely winston kitten. and diamond studs.
29. What did you want and not get? a bose wave radio. but i'm not sure i really want it.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? casino royale
31. What did you do on your birthday? yikes, i don't really remember... oh, family birthday and a small dinner with friends. i didn't really feel like celebrating this year, for some strange reason, but still felt very celebrated.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? more vacations
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? prep/punk... weird, i know. lots of jeans and chucks, way too many jcrew.com orders.
34. What kept you sane? my friends and family, hands down. and two quick therapy sessions.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? sophia bush, total girlcrush, though it's pretty over now.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? i plead the fifth.
37. Who did you miss? my former friend's husband.
38. Who was the best new person you met? did i meet new people this year? oh! probably my workfriend's BF, steve.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. i can't be friends with everyone, and that is ok. sometimes it's for the best.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: i thought it was going to be "i am going to make it through this year if it kills me" but that was really just the first half. for the second half, maybe "i never loved nobody fully/always one foot on the ground/and by protecting myself truly/i got lost in the sounds i hear in my mind"
5 Easy BBQ Potluck Sides by Natalie
2 hours ago